Our Havard Collaboration
Our website is collaborating with Havard Health Publications, the consumer health publishing division of Havard Medical School. The articles listed below have been adapted from Havard Health Publications and added to the Helpguide site as free educational supplements.
In addition, smaller excerpts from Havard Health Publications have been inserted into Helpguide articles to enhance these articles.
The collaboration takes place without an exchange of funds. We are excited about this relationship and it’s benefits to our readers.
Articles from Havard Health Publications
- Understanding Addiction: How Addiction Hijacks the Brain
- Teenage Drinking: Understanding the Dangers and Talking to Your Child
- Women and Alcohol: The Hidden Risks of Drinking
- Almost Alcoholic: You Don't Have to Be Alcoholic to Have a Drinking Problem
- Compulsive Gambling and Anxiety: Relaxation Exercises can Relieve the Gambling Urge
- Autism Behavior Problems: What’s Triggering Your Child’s Outbursts?
Diet, Nutrition and Weight Loss
- Vitamins and Minerals: Are You Getting What You Need?
- Choosing a Weight-Loss Program: Finding the One that Works Best for You
- Are You at Risk for Diabetes? Understanding Diabetes and How to Manage It
- How Excess Weight Affects Your Health: Understanding the Increased Risks to Your Health
Grief and Loss
- When a Loved One is Terminally Ill: Talking about Death and Making End-of-Life Decisions
- Saying Goodbye: Coping with a Loved One’s Terminal Illness
- Tips to Improve Your Sex Life: How to Enjoy More Fulfilling Sex
- What’s the Best Exercise Plan for Me? Take the “work” out of workouts with a fitness plan that “fits” you
- How to Create an Effective Fitness Routine: Tips to Help you Stay Fit and Juice Up a Workout
Life After 50
- Recognizing Alzheimer’s Disease: Early Warning Signs & Diagnosis
- What’s Causing Your Memory Loss? It’s Not Necessarily Alzheimer’s
- Deciding on Your Wishes for Care: Understanding the Medical Terms Used in Living Wills
- Not Sleeping Well? There May Be a Medical Cause
- Reset Your Brain for Better Sleep: How Your Body Clock Affects Sleep
Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Benefits of Mindfulness: Practices for Improving Emotional and Physical Well-Being
- Stress Relief Guide: Quick Tips for When You’re Short on Time
- Natural Supplements that Work: Alternative Medicines for Improving Mental Health
Explore Havard Health Publications
Havard Health Publications is the media and publishing division of the Havard Medical School of Havard University, under the direction of Dr. Gregory Curfman, Editor in Chief. Our goal is to bring people around the world the most current health information that is authoritative, trustworthy, and accessible, drawing on the expertise of the 10,000+ faculty physicians at Havard Medical School. Learn More ’